Sunday, 15 May 2016

Lucy Boston Update

My Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses stalled big time a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what happened. There seemed to be so much other stuff going on in my life - I had a manuscript to turn in, there were problems with my youngest son at school(he has ADHD, ODD and possibly autism), I was busy with the dog walking business, one of my pets crossed the Rainbow Bridge and somewhere, I just wanted time to myself to sit back and chill.

Now normally, I would sew for my chill time, but something in me just told me I didn't want to. It was like losing my mojo. So it sat, untouched in its little workbox beside my bed for a good solid week or two without any progress being made.

I even felt guilty about it and contacted the other ladies on the Facebook group and asked if anyone else was feeling the same, as it seemed everyone else was going great guns on their BOM challenge and I felt like I was falling far behind.



Thankfully, the ladies were quick to reassure me and I must have opened a box or something, because suddenly everyone else was admitting to falling behind a little here and there and that losing your mojo for a project was a regular occurrence. The ladies gave me some great advice, told me to forget about the monthly packages stocking up, but just to return to it when I felt ready and just do a little bit here and there.

Comforted by their support and their words, I sat one night and opened the box. I went through it, clearing it out, tidying it and looking at each piece and fabric and allowing myself to get the feel for the project once again. I decided to thread baste a couple of hexagons. That's all. A couple of days later, I sewed those hexagons together and thread basted a few more.



And that's what I'm still doing. I'm not raring to go, but my interest for the project is still there, its just going slower than I expected. But that's okay. It's not a race. And I've invested money in this project and I'm not going to let it languish in a corner of my room. I'm going to work on it slowly.

Thinking about it, I think my big problem is that I've not managed to finish any quilts lately. I've been doing lots of little projects, or I'm working on more than one big project in one go, so it seems to me like I'm putting in a lot of work, but not getting any results.

I know the results will come if I keep plugging away at them. That's how you write a book after all! I've just got to keep the quilty faith.

Happy sewing!

Louisa xxx

1 comment:

  1. Интересно получается. Много работы. Успехов!

    ReplyDelete