Sunday, 17 April 2016

Leaders and Enders progress

First, let me thank everyone who tried to help me with my sewing machine woes of last week. It was something to do with the bobbin and the way it had been wound. I loaded a fresh bobbin and put that in and the stitching went right back to normal! Phew! No major work required!

So I thought I'd catch you all up on my Tumbler Leader and Ender progress. It stalled for a while and I needed to cut a load more tumblers, but there was so much going on in the house with Spring cleaning and Konmari-ing, that it got pushed to one side.



But then I made an effort and had a pleasant afternoon or two of sewing at the machine. It was a pleasure. To just sit there, listening to the Youtube broadcast of Bonnie Hunter's latest Quiltcam episode, sewing away. It makes you feel like you're sat in a quilting group, listening to Bonnie chat about things and showing everyone's else's current projects on her phone. You know you're all working away at the same time and it's just really wonderful and therapeutic. I love it when I see there's been another Quiltcam.

If there isn't one, I'll sit and listen to a podcast or catch up on my latest Audiobook from Audible. I like to have something to listen to. Seeing as I'm in my sewing room on my own. It's not often that I'll sit in silence with my own thoughts. What do you like to do when you're sewing? Do you prefer silence? Do you play music? Or do you do what I do? I'd love to hear it and if you know of any great podcast you can recommend, then please do!

Happy sewing!

Louisa xxx

1 comment: