I know what you're thinking after reading that title. But it's not what you think!
My Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses BOM sent out the second month's box of fabric. Before, we'd worked with a quarter inch seam allowance, but I think a few people still struggled with that, so Jessie at Sew and Quilt, increased the seam allowance to half an inch.
I started sub cutting the fabric for the honeycombs and the squares (remembering to fussy cut this time!) and there was one strip of the main connecting Liberty fabric that said I had to sub cut 32 two inch squares. So I did.
And only squeezed 30 squares out of it.
Eek! I panicked. I checked and double checked. I recounted the squares. There was nothing for it, but to email Jessie and ask her to send me another tiny strip. Then I went onto the FB page to suggest other people check to make sure they had enough.
Thankfully, Jessie was on hand and realised there had been a TYPO in the instructions. We were only meant to sub cut 28 squares!
Hurrah! Panic over!
I immediately updated my thread posting on the Fb group, so that others would know and not be startled. And it's such a great little group. Very supportive. Busy. I really think that little group will carry us all through the year, so that none of us fall by the wayside.
Once we've finished making up the blocks for this month, we can piece together the first row of blocks, so that will be exciting. I will post pics of it when it is done.
In the meantime, I've pieced all four cornerstones of my Trail Mix and I've been looking on eBay for bags of scraps to help boost my tumbler mix. There are some good offers about, so take a look, if you haven't already.
So, that's it for today. I'm back to hand sewing for a while and editing my new book, which is the sixth I've written for Mills and Boon. Book 4, One Life-Changing Night will be released on March 1st, so do please take a look and if you'd like, pre-order!